Für diesen Thread bedanken sich:

PC_Ente

Autor The Blooding of Thomas "xfirestorm"   1  # 4  top
xfirestorm
MW

Eingetreten: 23.06.14
Warn: warningwarningwarningwarning
27.11.2014 21:59:31

Ever since I was given permission to take my first Trial of Position, my Blooding, there was only one thing going through my head. Which Mech loadout am I going to take with me. The choice of a Mech was clear to me already. Once I took the Timber Wolf out to the field, I knew this was the Mech for me, and was, as said, the right choice for this Trial.

Pretty soon after Loremasters permission, me and my Techs set to work, we have tried and tested a lot of loadouts, and finally settled on a really range limited loadout. The loadout contained:
- 4 Short Range Missile Rack 6
- 5 Small Pulse Lasers
- 3 Machine guns
- 4 Jump Jets
At testing, this loadout was brutal, if piloted properly, it was throwing out firepower at a constant rate, without overheating even in the hottest of locations. Its biggest limitation was range. If my examiner would be able to pull me out into a more open area, he could use his range against me. This is something that I just could not allow!

Being satisfied enough with my loadout, we boarded a dropship and the Space Jockeys took us to Tranquil. Drop was routine, nothing special, as all of my drops before.

After landing, I re-read the rules of this Trial, and found something I have completely forgot. I left the Targeting Computer in my Mech! I sat down once more with my Techs, and we went through the loadout once more. The first step was, of course, the removal of the Targeting Computer, which left us with an additional ton. In the place of this ton, we added another Small Pulse laser, now the Mech had 6 Small Pulse Lasers. But the range still concerned me. So after careful consideration, we removed one Short Range Missile Rack, with it also two Jump Jets, and connected the remaining three Short Range Missile Racks to an Artemis IV Fire Control System which is allowed as per Trial rules. Along with this, we removed all 3 Machine guns, as they would require me to keep on target at all times, and I would therefor not be able to torso twist and spread the damage. As the final step, we replaced the 2 Small Pulse Lasers in the left and right torso and added 3 Medium Lasers. The damage was a bit greater now, but it required a lot more heat management from my part. But I was overall satisfied with the build.

Before my Blooding, the examiners were bidding on who would take a shot at me. The wait was long, and I was very nervous. Finally the Loremaster informed me with all the info I needed about my examiners:
- Examiner Nr. 1 - StarCommander Nimrod - Stormcrow C
- Examiner Nr. 2 - StarCommander Sturmkrähe - Timberwolf C
- Examiner Nr. 3 - StarCommander Kharn - Warhawk Prime

Yes, all StarCommanders. We got clearance to enter the Circle of Equals, with my nerves still on edge. As I was moving to the position of examinee, the nerves let up, I suddenly became calm. Was it the Oathmasters words? Was it the very motivational music blasting from my earphones? Was it the anticipation of battle? I do not know. All I know is, that I was calm! Oathmaster asked me for my name, and I recited with pride and joy:
Zitat

My name is Thomas from bloodhouse Ward,
which gave Clan Wolf a lot of honour and strong warriors.
I follow the tradition of our founders.
I am Wolf!

And so, came the time for my first Batchall. I have chosen StarCommander Nimrod, piloting a Stormcrow to be my first opponent. I have chosen him to try to eliminate the greater mobility which his Mech provided. Oathmaster required of us to turn 180 degrees, and report ready. We both followed and reported:
"Ready!"
Security protocol was lifted, weapons were hot, and Oathmaster announced:
"Fight!"

I threw my Mech into a hard left, and headed towards SCom Nimrods position through the city buildings. If there was still any nervousness inside me then, it all disappeared as soon as I fired the first Alpha Strike into the Stormcrow. At this moment I just let my senses and my training do everything for me. But the fight was not easy, as I have suspected, the manouverability of the Stormcrow and the excelent piloting of SCom Nimrod almost pushed me outside of the Circle of Equals, which would mean an automatic loss for me. But I managed to recover from it, and destroyed the Stormcrow. As soon as SCom Nimrods Mech laid on the ground, I launched my Timber Wolf into a run, to my starting position, I wanted more! I craved for more!

As I moved to the starting position, I quickly inspected my own mech, and noticed the armor on my left torso is completely gone. The Oathmaster asked:
"Do you want Hegira?"
To which I replied decisively:
"Neg!"

And the time arose to choose my second opponent. This time, I have chosen the newly blooded StarCommander Kharn in his Warhawk. The choice was once again clear to me. This time, I wanted to take out the least mobile of the three, but the one who probably had most firepower. Batchall once again stated, and accepted. Oathmaster once more requested that we turn 180 degrees and reported ready. After we reported ready, the security protocol was once more lifted, weapons were again hot, and the Oathmaster announced:
"Fight!"

Again, turning as quickly as possible I threw my Timber Wolf into a full run, to close in on SCom Kharns possible long range weaponry, which I could not counter at long ranges, except with my 3 Medium Lasers. Once closed in, I used my greater mobility to jump around the Warhawk. But even with the greater mobility, I was taking damage, and taking it good. I tried torso twisting as much as possible, faced Kharn only when I was ready to discharge my arsenal into his Mech, and before you know it, a side torso flew of it! A few more shots, and I am home free! And so it happened, the Warhawk soon fell to the ground. But I still wanted more! Without hesitation, I replied "Neg!" once more to the Oathmasters offered Hegira, and moved to position.

By the end of the second fight, my Mech was pretty torn up. Armor on left torso was gone already after my first duel at the Trial, but I managed to minimize the damage to internal structure there. Nevertheless Kharn managed to shoot up my center torso and right torso armor, so I was wide open. But I did not want to back out! This was MY fight! I go out a victor or in the ejection seat!

So the last choice was pretty clear, I was to face StarCommander Sturmkrähe in a Timber Wolf. After Oathmasters announcement:
"Fight!"
I quickly galloped into the lower buildings area, to be able to use the cover of those, to protect my armorless torso, and my Jump Jets to pop above and discharge my weapons. At least that was the plan. But SCom Sturmkrähe proved to be a worthy adversary and he quickly blown away my left torso. With it, I lost almost half of my weapons, but I did not want to give up! I fought on. Torso twisted like crazy, returned fire as much as my half blown off Mech would allow me, but it was all for nothing. The damage on my Mech was too great, and I jumped out at the very last moment. My Trial, was over.

My Trial was over, but I earned the rank of StarCommander, and the feeling of pride overwhelmed me, as it was announced by the Oathmaster. I was happy with the results. I have proven, that I am Wolf!

-- RP off
I am sorry that it is written in English, but it would take me forever to write this in German.
-- RP on

[ Clan-Home | Kodax | Forum ]
Then the order came, "Furl the sails. Ready for jump, mighty warriors. We journey back, we journey home, Carrying the flame of the Star League Back to the heart. We face the ignorant Who believe themselves civilized and strong, But they will soon discover otherwise. We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate. None can stand against us and survive."

Bearbeitet von xfirestorm am 28.11.2014 08:02:24
https://tomaz.lovrec.dev  
Autor RE: The Blooding of Thomas "xfirestorm"   2  # 4  top
Maddog

Eingetreten: 24.09.12
28.11.2014 09:55:19

Hi Xfire,

no problem, and it was written in a very good stile.
Also it give me a good feeling that I obviously still understand some english
Your fight was a really good fight and what you don't know, some have extra fought a opposition test, to fight against you.
You show a good fight, and I think you will follow the way of the wolf.
In my opinion, all counterparties have earned the ranks truly.

PS
Sorry for my 15 years old school and paintball English?

Ehre und Stärke

Bearbeitet von Maddog am 28.11.2014 09:55:56
http://www.maddog.com.de  
Autor RE: The Blooding of Thomas "xfirestorm"   3  # 4  top
xfirestorm
MW

Themenstarter

Eingetreten: 23.06.14
28.11.2014 13:22:20
Danke fur deine worten Maddog!

Wann es dir lieber ist, kannst Deutsch antworten.
Es ist mir doch kein problem zu lessen(bin ein bischen langsam, aber es geht), ich hab nur probleme mit schreiben. Bevor ich wurde mit der text da oben im Deutsch vertig sein, wurden die wolfen schon am Terra sein.

Ich hab gewust fur der wiederspruchstest. Eidmeister hat uns informiert, das die gebotten wurden ein bischen langer dauren, wegen der wiederspruchstest.

Then the order came, "Furl the sails. Ready for jump, mighty warriors. We journey back, we journey home, Carrying the flame of the Star League Back to the heart. We face the ignorant Who believe themselves civilized and strong, But they will soon discover otherwise. We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate. None can stand against us and survive."
https://tomaz.lovrec.dev  
Autor RE: The Blooding of Thomas "xfirestorm"   4  # 4  top
Maddog

Eingetreten: 24.09.12
28.11.2014 15:01:40
Ich weiss, dass Du auch super Deutsch lesen kannst, aber ich wollte mal auf Englisch antworten, falls unsere englischen Wölfe (Haupt Delta Galaxy) mitlesen sollten

Das ist sozusagen eine übergreifende Beschreibung der Blutung und die Würdigung eines SCom des anderen auf englisch

Ehre und Stärke
http://www.maddog.com.de  

Offene Rollenspiel-Threads
Ich bin der Eidmeister
offen
Prinzipien
offen

Impressum   Datenschutz

ClanWolf.net / Theme "ClanWolf" (© Meldric bzw. angegebene Verfasser 2007-2019).
BattleTech, 'Mech, Mechwarrior [...] sind eingetragene Warenzeichen von
Catalyst Gamelabs / InMediaRes / Wizkids.

powered by COMBRIX Content Management System v1.01.2 © 2009 - 2024 by MK-WebSoft - http://www.mk-websoft.de/ - Released as open source software under the MK-WebSoft software license. This portal is safed by the BS-Fusion - Security System - http://www.bs-fusion.de/ ; 

© COMBRIX CMS Software
v1.01.5 based on PHP-Fusion v6.
Thanks to the founder Nick Jones.

5,667,301 eindeutige Besuche

Sarna
MegaMek
Master Unit List